In this course, we will guide you through 10-12 pieces written by Frederic Chopin, from the easier pieces to the more difficult ones. Every lesson has a play-through section where your teacher shows you what the piece sounds like, followed by a quick analysis, and in-depth study on different areas of the piece.
We will be working on developing not only your techniques, but also your expressiveness and musicality.
Enjoy and have fun playing Chopin!
Early Intermediate to Advanced
2+ Hours of Video
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Techniques required for playing Chopin's music
- Quick analysis and historic background of Chopin and his works
- Phrasing, how to bring out the melodic line in a complex harmonic texture
- Chord voicing, how to voice the chords well to bring out the harmony intended
- How to sing expressively through piano playing
- How to work on Chopin's works, in particular to Chopin's Preludes, Op. 28
WHO IT’S FOR:
Pianists at early intermediate to advanced levels who are keen to learn Chopin's masterpieces.
Early Intermediate Level:
- Sostenuto in E-Flat Major
- Largo in E-Flat Major
- Prelude in E Minor, Op. 28 No. 4
- Prelude in A Major, Op. 28 No. 7
- Mazurka in C Major, Op. 33 No. 3
- Prelude, Op. 28, No. 6
Early Advanced Level:
- Prelude, Op. 28 No. 1
Time to get back to playing
We offer 30-day free trial. Try our music lessons and see it for yourself.