This course aims to help absolute beginners to get the gist of guitar basics, rhythm theory and notation. You will learn guitar anatomy, how to set up and tune the guitar, maintain a good posture, hold a pick and acquire finger strengthening and accuracy exercises. You will also learn how to read TABs, chord diagrams, chord charts and learn basic rhythm theory. By the end of this course, you will have the basic musical knowledge and the technical skills to explore further about guitar playing.
This course was launched in early 2018.
Course Instructor: Ze Wen Seah
2+ Hours of Video
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Correct posture
- Navigating the guitar
- Guitar tuning
- Guitar setup
- Reading TABs and sheet music
- Basic rhythm theory and notation for guitarists
- Finger strengthening and accuracy exercises
- Chromatic Exercises
WHO IT’S FOR:
Complete beginners and guitarists who want to review the basics.
- Lesson 1 – Anatomy of Guitar
- Lesson 2 – Guitar Setup
- Lesson 3 – Musical Notes
- Lesson 4 – How to Tune a Guitar
- Lesson 5 – Posture and How to hold a Pick
- Lesson 6 – How to Pick and Fret Notes
Basic Rhythm Theory and Guitar Notation
- Lesson 1 – How to Read TABs
- Lesson 2 – How to Read Chord Diagrams
Time to get back to playing
We offer 30-day free trial. Try our music lessons and see it for yourself.