Curious or passionate about Cuban music? Or do you just want to broaden your horizons in learning new genres? Then you've come to the right place!
This course aims to help drummers at intermediate and advanced levels to explore various musical sub-genres of Cuban son music such as:
- Bossa Nova
- Samba and
By the end of this course, you'll be able to develop coordination skills to play diverse drum patterns with rhythms in different limbs, develop understanding of background and history of these sub-genres, and incorporate different types of syncopated rhythm patterns.
Intermediate to Advanced Levels
8+ Hours of Video
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Clave as an instrument, rhythm and musical concept
- Coordinating clave with cascara, clave and tumboa
- Develop 4 way coordination within an Afro Cuban context
- Improvise around clave
- History and background of salsa music
- Conga Tumboa
- Play an abanico
- Famous salsa songs
- Recognise a and play a chachacha groove
- Add a conga melody and a bell variation to our chachacha groove
- Add clave in the right hand rather than the cowbell
And lots more!
WHO IT’S FOR:
Drummers at Intermediate and Advanced Levels who want to pick up new drumming skills or broaden horizons
- Lesson 1 – Clave: An Introduction
- Lesson 2 – Cascara
- Lesson 3 – The Tumbao
- Lesson 4 – Adding the Left Foot to Afro-Cuban Grooves
- Lesson 5 – Conversation in Clave, the Right Hand
START YOUR MUSICAL JOURNEY NOW
With the "Learn Rock & Pop Drum Kit" course for beginners.
Free 30-days trial.